The Grande Cache Municipal Campground offers full service RV or tent camping in a spectacular mountain setting. Located within Town limits, our campground
has immediate access to baseball diamonds, hiking and multi-use trails, a BMX
Track and the Grande Cache Golf & Country Club. The campground is operated by the Town of Grande Cache open May long weekend until October long weekend.
- 77 large treed sites (56 full service, 21 partial service, 1 open tenting area)
- All sites include picnic table
- Laundry facilities
- Shower and washroom facilities
- Lit roadways
- Free WiFi
2018 Fee Schedule (prices exclude GST)
|Full service (power, water, and sewer)
||$34.75 per night
|Partial service (power and water)
||$28.75 per night
|Monthly site rate (full service, 30 days)
|$960.00 per month
|Tenting (open area)
||$23.00 per night
|Firewood (level in small wheelbarrow)
||$10.00 per load
|Firewood (level in large wheelbarrow)
||$20.00 per load
||Free of charge
CAMPGROUND RESERVATION PROCEDURES
CAMPING IN GRANDE CACHE (MAY LONG WEEKEND – OCTOBER LONG WEEKEND)
We have worked hard over to find an affordable, secure, online reservation platform that will speed up the process of selecting and reserving a campsite at our campground. This online reservation system will be our primary system for reserving individual campsites throughout the 2018 season, and we appreciate your cooperation and patience as we all learn to adjust to this new system.
GETTING READY TO MAKE A RESERVATIONS:
Bookings for the 2018 camping season will begin at 9:00 a.m. on May 24, 2018 using our online reservation system. You will require a VISA/MC/AMEX and a valid email address (so you can receive your electronic receipt and reservation confirmation). We highly encourage anyone planning on making an online reservation to create a Traveler Account on the system well before the starting time as there can be up to a 5-minute delay in validating your Account. (We recommend using Google Chrome for interaction with the online system).
MAKING A RESERVATION:
Campers will still be able to make a reservation by phone. Please call 780.827.2404 and leave a message and we will return your phone call. Phone call reservations require a One Night, Non-Refundable Deposit at time of booking.
For on-line bookings, please remember to sign into your traveller account before attempting to make your reservation.
(For the best user experience, we recommend using Google Chrome.)
Should you encounter problems with using the system, please email email@example.com
with your issue and your telephone number and they will get in touch with you and guide you through the process.
"No Shows” will not be refunded under any circumstances.
If you wish to cancel your online reservation and receive a refund, we require a notice of a minimum of 3 business days (with noon being the starting time). All cancellations will be subject to a $5 service fee, and a one -night non-refundable deposit. There will no exceptions, regardless of the circumstances, so please see the examples below.
Example 1: You have a reservation for a long weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights). On Tuesday, you have a family emergency and you know that you will not be able to go camping that weekend. If you contact the Grande Cache Municipal Campground by telephone or email before Tuesday at noon, you will qualify for a refund. This allows 3 complete business days before the noon check in time at the campground on Friday. If you call at any time after 12 noon on the Tuesday, you will not receive any refund. No exceptions.
Example 2: You have a reservation that starts next Tuesday. On Thursday you decide that you have to cancel your reservation. If you contact the Grande Cache Municipal Campground by telephone or email before Thursday at noon, you will qualify for a refund. This allows for 3 business days notice (Friday, Monday, and Tuesday) before the noon check in on Tuesday. If you call at any time after 12 noon on the Thursday, you will not receive any refund. No exceptions.
INFORMATION AND CAMPGROUND PROCEDURES
Length of Stay Policy
- Check-in time 2:00 p.m.
- Check-out time 11:00 a.m.
- All campers must register prior to parking your RV unit or setting up your tent.
- Office hours are posted on the building.
- Site checks are done daily by staff.
Camp Permit Policy
- No one under 18 years of age will be granted a camping permit.
Number of Campers/Units
- Limit of 6 (six) people per site (excluding families exceeding 6 (six) people).
- One wheeled unit (trailers, tent trailers, RVs) and one additional tent per site.
- Additional tents may be permitted for the same fee as a Tenting (open area) fee.
- Please keep your campsite clean at all times.
- Remember to store all food in a safe place. Do not leave any food, empty cans/bottles, garbage, dog food, or bear attractants lying around.
- Remember to keep BBQs clean.
- A bottle/can recycling bin is located across from the Wood Shed.
- Quiet time 11:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. Quiet time is strictly enforced and noise will not be tolerated during these hours. Please respect other campers.
- Campfires in designated fire pits only.
- No open or unattended fires.
- Fireworks are not allowed.
- All pets must be on a leash on all times.
- You are required to clean up after your pet.
- DO NOT drain grey water into the trees or bush, work areas or grass.
- Sewage dump is located in front of the Town Public Works & Utilities Office at 9706 Shand Avenue.
Shower, Washroom, and Laundry Facilities
- Located beside the main Campground Office.
- Shower and washroom facilities are free of charge for registered campers only.
- Washers and dryers are coin operated. Change is available during office hours only.
- Please keep the facilities clean for fellow campers.
- Self registration is for one night only after office hours ONLY.
- If you do not have cash, please leave your cell number to process a credit card payment. We do not accept personal cheques.
- Please fill out the registration form located in the green mailbox. Must registration within 30 minutes of arriving at site. Place the white copy of the registration with your payment inside the envelope and take the yellow copy for your records. Drop the sealed envelope in the slots.
Cook House and Day Use Area
- Registered Campers can book the Cook House through the Campground Office.
- Day use area is located in the centre of the campground and is for all campground users.
- Please keep your campsite clean at all times. Remember to store all food in a safe place. Do not leave any food, empty cans/bottles, garbage, dog food, or bear attractants lying around.
- ATVs are not allowed in the campground.
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted in registered campsites only.
- Any damage to trees, sites, or any camp facilities will result in payment for the cost of clean-up, repairs, or replacement.
- Liability for loss of damage to personal property or personal injury, while on campground property, is solely the responsibility of occupant and guests.
- Failure to observe the above rules may be grounds for eviction.
Find us - Driving Directions
- From Hinton, head north on Highway 40. Once in town, take the second right off Highway 40 onto Shand Avenue.
- From Grande Prairie, take Highway 40 south. Take your first left off Highway 40 onto Shand Avenue as you arrive in Grande Cache.
- From Highway 40, turn east on Shand Avenue, turn left on 104 Avenue and continue onto Memorial Drive. Turn right at the Campground sign.
- Open May long weekend – October long weekend
- Office Hours 8:30 am – 7:00 pm (Note: Coins for laundry & payment for firewood during office hours only)
Grande Cache Municipal Campground
10401 Memorial Drive | Access Road to the Campground SW 1/4 3 57 8 W6
Box 300 | Grande Cache, AB | T0E 0Y0