The Grande Cache Recreation Centre has a well-equipped fitness centre consisting of a "Cardio Room” and "Resistance Training Area.”
FITNESS CENTRE HOURS & BOOKING INFORMATION:
Effective Thursday, June 25, 2020 due to due COVID, the Grande Cache Recreation Centre Fitness Centre will be by appointment only. The opening and booking sessions will be as follows:
Monday – Friday:
Hours Usage User
8:15 am - 10:15 am Open Maximum 12 participants
10:30 am - 12:30 pm Open Maximum 12 participants
12:45 pm - 2:45 pm Open Maximum 12 participants
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm Open Maximum 12 participants
5:15 pm – 7:15 pm Open Maximum 12 participants
Saturday & Sunday:
Hours Usage User
12:15 pm-2:15 pm Open Maximum 12 participants
2:30 pm - 4:30 pm Open Maximum 12 participants
*limit of 12 attendees per session
FITNESS CENTRE BOOKING PROCEDURES:
• Patrons will be required to book a timeslot the day of use only (no booking days in advance) by calling the Grande Cache Recreation Centre at 780.827.2446.
• Bookings will be first come first serve.
• Any available time slots not booked will be first come, first serve basis.
• Each time slot is a two-hour window and participants are asked not to come to earlier than 5-10 min prior to your booking slot. If capacity is at the maximum capacity, you will be asked to wait until your time is available.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
• All patrons will be asked to sign in giving their full name and phone number as per AHS standards.
• All patrons will be required to complete the COVID-19 self-screening tool (this includes taking temperatures) prior to entrance of the facility and commencement of any activity. Any participant that is exhibiting any symptoms cannot enter the facility or participate.
• Public members are asked to come dressed appropriately for their work out/leisure activity. All change rooms and showers will be closed. Washrooms will be available.
• It is recommended that you bring your own hand sanitizer and water.
• Yoga mats, bands, and skipping ropes will not be available at this time. Please bring your own if you would like to incorporate it into your workout.
• Cash is not accepted. Please pay using credit or debit only.
• Those who are sick or have symptoms related to COVID-19 must not use visit.
• Comply with physical distancing guidelines of 2 metres between individuals.
• Wash or sanitize your hands before and after using the facility.
• Refrain from touching your face with unclean hands.
• Follow all mass gathering guidelines and limit congregating when entering and exiting the area.
• During high intensity aerobic activity, the physical distancing guideline is 9 feet between individuals.
• Additional sanitation stations will be placed around the facility and the facility is on a rigorous cleaning schedule.
• Follow tape and/or facility markers on the floor to define designated areas and manage flow of participants.
Resistance Training Area
- Free weights, squat rack, various barbells, dumbbells, a squat rack, a Smith Machine, various benches and mirrors.
- Cable Machines include: Seated Row, Peck deck/Reverse Fly, Assisted Dip/Chin-up, Lat Pull down, Leg Press, Leg Extension/Curl Combo and a Dual Adjustable Pulley machine
- SCIFIT recumbent stepper total body toner
- Treadmills, elliptical machine, a rowing machine, a stationary bike, a recumbent bike and spin bikes
- Stability balls, resistance bands, medicine balls, kettle bells, mats, ropes and steps.
FITNESS CENTRE USE POLICY
- Unrestricted use is limited to persons 15 years and older with a valid facility pass.
- Youth 13-14 years must be supervised by a responsible adult at least 18 years of age.
- For emergencies notify facility staff and call 911.
- If you have any health concerns, contact your doctor prior to use.
- If you are unsure how to use the equipment, please contact the front desk to book an orientation.
- Wristbands must be worn by all users (during regular front desk hours).
- This is an unsupervised area, use at your own risk.
- Facility Membership & Rental Rates - Effective January 1, 2019
- Facility Rental Rates, Memberships, Hours & Contact Information