The Town of Grande Cache Animal Control Bylaw Enforcement is
provided through a contract with Little Critters – Bed & Biscuit pursuant
to Bylaw No. 801 – Animal Control and Boarding of Impounded Dogs.
- All impounded dogs will be held in the dedicated pound section of Little Critters – Bed & Biscuit located at 10001 - 99thStreet, Grande Cache, AB.
- For animals running at large, please call Little Critters – Bed & Biscuit at 780-827-1761.
- Please "like” and follow the Town of Grande Cache Pound Facebook page to receive updates on impounded animals. Only impounded animals will be posted to this page.
In the Town of Grande Cache, all dogs 4 months or older must be licensed. Licensing your dog is easy and important. A licence identifies you as your pet’s owner if he or she gets lost. A licence provides peace of mind should your dog go missing.
Animal Licensing is available at:
- The Town of Grande Cache Administration Office
10001 Hoppe Avenue
- Little Critters - Bed & Biscuit
Annual Licensing Fees for Dogs
See Schedule "A” Animal Control By-Law No. 810
1. The following fees apply for dog licenses obtained on or before the first day of February in each year:
- Spayed/Neutered Animal $20.00
- Unspayed/Unneutered Animal $30.00
2. For licenses applied for after February 1, a $10.00 penalty will be assessed in addition to the fees prescribed above, provided that such penalty will not apply where:
- The dog for which the license is sought achieved the age of four (4) months within thirty (30) days of the application date;
- Satisfactory evidence is provided to confirm that the Owner only established residency in the Town within thirty (30) days of the application date; or
- Satisfactory evidence is provided to confirm that the dog for which the license is sought was acquired by the Owner within thirty (30) days of the application date.
3. The replacement fee for a lost or defaced license tag is $5.00.